Sunday, June 11, 2017

department of adulation

Donald Trump has told Theresa May in a phone call he does not want to go ahead with a state visit to Britain until the British public supports him coming.
The US president said he did not want to come if there were large-scale protests and his remarks in effect put the visit on hold for some time.
The call was made in recent weeks, according to a Downing Street adviser who was in the room. The statement surprised May, according to those present.
That sounds like plausible news to me.

Less plausible but perhaps still plausible enough was the following that arrived in email:
 How draining it gets, insulting the president of the United States, who, of course, is the chief detractor of the office and, by extension, the nation.

2 comments:

  1. He's a sensitive guy. If only he'd leave the U.S. for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen more negative stuff against Trump in the past 4 months than in the eight years of Obama.

    It's probably a function of where and how I spend my time.

    Not that the Donald doesn't deserve it. I prefer real action however.

    ReplyDelete