Sunday, December 18, 2016

Obama takes some Middle East responsibility

I suppose there are those who view U.S. President Barack Obama as another spin-doctor -- a wheedler and a conniver looking to pass the blame buck and shelter from the fallout of an anguished world. And no doubt there's an element of truth to the critique. Like speaking of a rich man, "No rich man ever got that way by being nice."

But I honestly cannot think of another (wo)man in power who might even skirt the responsibility for the slaughter and sorrow in Syria ... and most notably of late, Aleppo. If it's a lie, I think it is a better lie than most, not that those who are suffering give much of a rat-fuck.


2 comments:

  1. May I be well, happy, safe, and peaceful. May I be free from suffering and the causes of it. May I find happiness and the causes of it. May I never be separated from sorrowless bliss. May I abide in equanimity, freedom from bias, and freedom from affliction. May I be well, happy, safe, and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete