Tuesday, September 6, 2016

depression or laziness?

One depression sufferer has now used social media to open a window onto their secret sorrows, to show not only how the condition affects their life, but to also record a small, but significant, personal victory.
The person, who uses a strongly worded username, published two photos of their bedroom on the photo-sharing site Imgur, in a post titled "Me 1 - Depression 0!" - which were viewed more than 300,000 times in less than 24 hours.
Makes me think a bit of the almost-always true observation, "If you want to be rich, learn to be neat."

2 comments:

  1. It's different for everybody i suppose. When i was most depressed i forced myself to police my environment, in case i didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with olcharlie. Just did that lately too after pledging my body as a cadaver in vain hope that my universities stay tops in Asia. Int$85,700 per capita is also an awful lot of material richness, ain't complaining here about wealth or neatness either.

    Dedicating the wealth accordingly perhaps, the country may not believe entirely in buddhish speak, but in as far as wisdom exists for the sake of putting it into action says the Avatamsaka Sutra, likewise wealth exists for the sake of putting it into philantrophy.

    Depression or dispassion comes to all ordinary zazen practitioners it seem. As my corporate mentor taught me approximately, "The sort of problems that money can solve is not a problem, the sort of problems that money cannot solve, those are a huge headache!"

    Breathing in, I am aware I am alive.

    Breathing out, I am aware that death may come to me anytime regardless of the life expectancy prophecies.

    Namo Buddhaya. Namo Dharmaya. Namo Sanghaya.

    ReplyDelete