Saturday, June 7, 2014

having come so far

"You have come far."

Isn't that the way that others can feel in the mind -- people who have done and seen and lived what is writ large on my blackboard or yours?

Imagine having done so much, accomplished so much, survived so much ... it's impressive. Or anyway I know I can be impressed: Made a fortune, traveled the world, was credited with much wisdom, caught alligators, married the most wonderful gal/guy, built a skyscraper, wrote a concerto, flew a Spitfire .....

You have come far.

And yet, except for the deluded, it never really feels far to the person who has come so far. It was what it was and is what it is.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Which casts a curious light on those who, in the mind, "have come so far."

1 comment:

  1. At physical therapy, for back, they say "you're doing so well". I'm getting old and falling apart. At best PT is a parachute slowing my decent into death. I feel just so encouraged. lol

    ReplyDelete