Monday, March 31, 2014

"Here Comes the Sun"

Another day that feels like a sparkling mirror image of The Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun:" Here comes the rain. Raw, grey, drop-filled ... sparkling ... here comes the rain.

St. Augustine is quoted as saying, "Love God and do what you will." Leaving aside the religious dust storm that can swirl up in the wake of that suggestion, I wonder how any good man or good woman might exercise what is suggested. I mean, leaving aside all solemnity and earnest posturing, how does that work in perfectly ordinary terms? And the only way I can think of that stands even half a chance is ... stop loving God; let the love of God (by whatever name and in whatever costume) be at peace and drift away like wood smoke. There's no forcing it ... just let it happen and get on with things.

After an-hour-and-a-half smidgen of zazen yesterday, my body aches loudly today. Ouch and ouch again. Here comes the sun.

There's a piece of writing jostling and insistent in my mind today and I want to work on it, so it may be a while before I get back to the party mix of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment