Saturday, September 28, 2013

relief

Just my view:

It is normal to set out on a spiritual path in search of relief. The confusions and uncertainties of life are enough to make anyone hope for some solution, some resolution, some poof that will wash away sorrows.

The only problem with spiritual discipline as a means of providing relief is this: Finding relief is just another way of arousing new and improved discord.

Certainly there may be times of smooth sailing, of bright lights and serene waters, but the ground is not firm. If you doubt this, just give it a try.

So -- if spiritual discipline is not in business to provide relief and if current circumstances are enough to make a blind man weep, what is the legitimate direction of spiritual discipline and effort?

My answer is ... don't ask me. All I know is that I would recommend spiritual discipline and practice.

Try it and see what happens.

How far away could firm ground possibly be?

1 comment:

  1. When reading posts like this, I wish your blog had a "like" function :)

    ReplyDelete