Thursday, November 8, 2012

you're right

.
You're right.

No need to go digging for the boogers of wrong like some six-year-old.

You're right ... period.

Think how much energy could be put to productive use if facts were left to their own devices.

You're right.

I realize that saying this is akin to blasphemy and that ancient habit will find hundreds and hundreds of exceptions and caveats and wails of disagreement. What would anyone do with all that spare time if finding exceptions or detailing rejoinders were set aside? It's pretty scary, I agree.

You're right.

This morning, I poured a cup of coffee from the pot. I was still too groggy to set off on an adventure of wondering whether it were right or wrong. I just poured the coffee into the cup. If I had missed the cup and poured scalding coffee on my foot and from there sworn a blue streak ... well, that would have been right as well, wouldn't it? Finding something wrong is also right.

An Internet chum of mine -- a fellow with 'credentials' of which he said, "Let's not make too much of it" -- once suggested that the whole of spiritual practice (after all the books and wisdom and visions and blissfulness and missteps had been set aside) boiled down to this: Make a mistake; correct it.

All right.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment