Monday, November 19, 2012

the incense fairy

.
Flabbergasted!!!

Several days ago, I wrote a blog post whining about the fact that I really didn't have the disposable income to afford more incense for the zendo and the house. It's pricey stuff and I live on a limited income.

Yesterday, I received a package containing a box of a new kind of incense -- very fine, but new to my nose -- from a friend.

Today, I received a largish box from the incense company I have patronized in the past, Shoyeido. Three plump boxes of my favored incense were within ... and no saying who footed the bill. I called the company and wheedled like a street urchin until they coughed up the name... another recently-made friend.

How very, very nice ....

I am as touched by the thoughts as I am by the gifts themselves.

And flabbergasted.
.

4 comments:

  1. You always seemed like the kinda guy who could be bought off for a couple cheap sticks of incense , you old softy you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Incense fairy" my ass......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn! Just when your incense habit was beginning to fall away. Now you're stuck with another kalpa of practicing with incense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha -- the stink of Zen!

    ReplyDelete