Sunday, August 12, 2012

from Olympics to olympics

.
After 16 days, the 30th Olympic Games will come to a close today. The thrumming, numbing cascade of marvelous athletic abilities iced with endless and sometimes mindless commentary will become a thing of the past. I love athletic ability, but I can't help but say, "Thank God!"

Now the news will have more time for thrumming, numbing and scantily-clad adventures in the world of U.S. presidential politics. Millions spent, substance avoided like the plague, but lots of endless and mostly mindless commentary. The athletic inabilities of the candidates are rampant and rife.

At least the Olympic athletes can throw and run and jump and fall down.

The presidential candidates' chief qualification seems to be the ability to dress up.

Fashion was never my strong point.
.

1 comment:

  1. Adam, I think posturing is the way of the world but what makes me angry is that it seems to work.

    _/\_

    ReplyDelete