Sunday, April 18, 2010

grey Sunday

.
A grey dawn around here after a grey and rainy day yesterday. The spring trees, some in leaf, some just budding, stand out -- delicate as a single strand of spider web -- against the grey background. It's a great day for taking nature pictures -- a time when colors come center stage against their backdrop.

Yesterday I noticed that what I imagine were squirrels had dug up and consumed the bulbs I planted a while back. Squirrels have to eat too, but I did wish they would go somewhere else for dinner.

I'm having a hard time writing this morning. Nothing really comes to mind as interesting or confounding or delicious or upsetting in the ways that things need to be upsetting in order to write. I'm sure some idea or other will be along shortly, but for the moment the ideas seem to be playing outside somewhere ... perhaps with the squirrels.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment