Monday, March 1, 2010

my limitations

.
If someone tells me that a beloved relative died, I know what they're talking about. If someone tells me that their children failed or succeeded, I know what they are talking about. If someone tells me the toilet sprang a leak or the new curtains arrived, I know what they are talking about.

But if someone tells me that Buddhism is a profound and useful approach to life, that it addresses and assuages the questions and uncertainties of this life, then I haven't got a clue as to what they are saying.

This is just the realm in which I find myself and sometimes it seems a bit odd that someone who spent so much time being interested in and practicing Zen Buddhism should be so clueless ... or uninterested ... or lazy ... or whatever the hell it is.

The net effect of this realm seems to be that I like to skip along the tops of the waves, keep things light or bright or chummy ... at least until someone expresses the seriousness that goes with the hanging of the new curtains or burying the dead.
.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean _/\_

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love u big G.

    u noe how deep i love ya :D

    ReplyDelete